Solar Domestic Hot Water Rebates in SA
The postponed program will continue again
DOE announces another immediate 5,000 rebate systems are available
On 4 February 2015 in Pretoria a media release was issued by the DOE announcing the conditions of the rebate program that will continue. It includes the following:
- The ESKOM program conditions will continue for another 5,000 systems under the current program conditions.
- This will facilitate the transition process while DOE implements all the new systems.
- A new electronic data collection and verification system has been developed by the DOE.
- From 23 February onwards the DOE will provide training to participants on the new system.
- The "failed Geyser Market" or insurance claims replacement systems will be accelerated to include Solar especially in the high electricity consumption sector.
- The FREE SWH systems will also continue under a social program irrespective of the impact on the electricity grid.